Elder Benson - South Africa Jo-Berg Mission

Elder Benson - South Africa Jo-Berg Mission

Monday, November 2, 2015

Hello from Potchefstroom!!

I'm extremely short on time so I'll fit in as much as I can!

For starters, I've been blessed with the best trainer in the world! His name's Elder Asay (A-C).  He's from Orme, UT and is such a stud!  He's one of the funniest, goofiest, most spiritually powerful guys I have ever met! You don't know what it's like to have fun until you've met him.

I've been assigned to the Potchefstroom/Ikageng area!! This is such a dynamic area! Potch is a university-town like Provo!  North-Western University is right in the middle of Potch, and it's an untapped gold mine! On my first day in the field, we taught a group of eight students! No role play in mission prep/the MTC could've prepared me for that!

On the other end of town is the township.  This is where you find the scrap-metal shacks and kids playing soccer in the streets. I have many, MANY photos to send to you.  It's too bad I goofed and left the camera at the flat.  I'll send them to you guys next week.

I only have time to talk about one investigator.  Her name is Carlissia (car-leash-ia).  Man, she is powerful!!  She's in her early twenties and attends a small-town college.  I came in  when she was still progressing towards baptism, but she's now going to be baptised next week! I don't think I've experienced so much joy than hearing that she passed her interview.

I'm so blessed to be among the people of Africa!! They are truly prepared to receive the gospel.  I'm sorry I didn't have more time to tell you everything that's going on.  You are all in my prayers.


-Elder Benson


No comments:

Post a Comment