Elder Benson - South Africa Jo-Berg Mission

Elder Benson - South Africa Jo-Berg Mission

Monday, March 27, 2017

The Mind-Boggling Key to Success

Hebrews 13:20-21

"Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that is well pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen."

First, God can make us perfect in e-v-e-r-y good work to do His will.

Take a minute to think about that.  The ultimate, all-powerful, supreme ruler of the Universe wants us to be his right-hand men/women, doing what He desires, which is ultimate, all-powerful, and supreme.  But wait, that's not all!  He can make us not only powerful but perfect in doing every single good work on this journey of discipleship. To help us in His great and marvelous work, not only does He send us the most perfect manual of instructions (the scriptures, words of the living prophets, etc.), but ...

Second: ...he promises that He can literally work in us to do what is well pleasing in His sight, which, again, is ultimate, all-powerful, and supreme.

My mind is cramping from even the idea of a God working through me, a foolish, immature, imperfect creature, to do His job!  How can this be?  How is it even possible?  The only way that it can be done is ...

Three ...through Jesus Christ!  The scriptures repeat over and over again that only through His name is salvation given. Likewise, the only way we can become perfect ministers of God our Father is through the Good Shepherd, who laid down His life for us.

What an interesting concept:  The Immortal Son of God took upon Himself all our sufferings and sins and challenges, perfectly paid the price for them, and thus allowed us the opportunity to one day become perfect as He is and allowed our Heavenly Father the opportunity to work through us to do his bidding perfectly as a minister and representative of His Son.  I cannot offer a single phrase worthy of expressing the joy I feel.  Not only does the Atonement help me overcome my weaknesses as a servant of Christ, but it allows me to become a perfect servant of Christ.  What a promise!

Now, we can't just puff our chests out and claim to have the power of God to be with us, making us the unstoppable force for good, because of the promises from our God.  Let's read Jeremiah's words on the matter:

Jeremiah 29:12-13
"Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me and I will hearken unto you.  And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart."

Bingo:  God wants us to be self-reliant in becoming His minister.  As we search and pray with all our heart to be perfect even as He is, we will find Him, and He will hearken unto us as we become aligned in His will through the Atonement of Christ Jesus.

Ultimate, All-powerful, and Supreme.

As I come to the final quarter of my mission, my goal is to test these marvelous promises, to fulfill them, and experience the joy of them.

I love you all!

Elder Benson

No comments:

Post a Comment