Elder Benson - South Africa Jo-Berg Mission

Elder Benson - South Africa Jo-Berg Mission

Monday, March 6, 2017

Feeling Dreamy?

Sanibonani!

Today I'll just be sharing an experience from... well, let's just call them 'W'.

W had walked into the church parking lot after church, as she was interested in learning more about becoming a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  (Keep in mind that there's sometimes an atmosphere of signing up for a gym membership when uniting oneself with a Church).  She was approached by a member of the Church who gave her our numbers.  A week later, we appeared for our first appointment.  We had been meeting with W for almost a month when the following experience happened:

We had just begin teaching W of the true Doctrine of Christ, first beginning with the principles of Faith and Repentance.  Before we could continue onto the next step in the sequence, being Baptism, W related to us a tender experience that had occured to her while worshipping with us on Sunday.  W said," I walked into church and took a seat on the bench.  A few minutes into the service, I rememberd a dream that I had a few months ago while attending another church.  I was standing with my spouse in front of a congregation in a church.  Looking back on the dream, I realized that I was now sitting in that same church as in the dream.  The bricks were the exact same color, the framework the same layout!  I think God has finally guided me to the chruch where He wants me to be."  Silence covered the room, but more overpowering was the warmth of the Spirit in that room.  It's an experience and a feeling that I would hate to forget.

Currently W is on date for baptism in the month of April.  We have since taught her of the Doctrine of Christ in its fullness.  The entire, complete, and perfect gospel can only be found in the Book of Mormon, which is another testament of Jesus Christ and more of God's word.  Whether if you are a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints or not, you must receive a witness of its divinity if you are to truly understand the Gospel and Doctrine of our Redeemer, who is Christ.  I've read the Book of Mormon myself, and, although it's taken over 19 years of my life, I have an undoubted conviction within my soul that it is the word of God.  Please read it!  Fill and saturate your soul with the message and doctrine found within its pages.  Then pray and ask God if it is a true witness of His Son.  He will answer you.  It may take time, but He will testify of its truth and divinity by the power of the Holy Spirit if you seek with real intent, having faith in Jesus Christ alone.

Please except a free copy of the Book of Mormon!  Look on the right margins for a copy to be delivered to you (if I remember my blog right... eish!)

Love you all!  Keep praying.  Keep reading.  Keep believing.


-Elder 'Thapiso' Benson

No comments:

Post a Comment