Elder Benson - South Africa Jo-Berg Mission

Elder Benson - South Africa Jo-Berg Mission

Monday, August 1, 2016

Answering the Call

"I was on my way into the store when I was stopped by an old friend of mine from church.  After chatting for a few moments, he said," I don't know how to tell you this, but God told me that I need to tell you that a big change is about to take place in your life.:  As we eventually parted ways and as I continued on with my day, his words continued to ring my mind.  Late that evening, as I was preparing dinner for my family, my heart began to burn.  Immediately after this sensation entered into my chest, there was a knock on my door.  As I opened the door, i was surprised to find two young men standing in front of me.  As I invited them in and as they shared with a wonderful message, the feeling in my heart burned deeper and deeper.  Every fiber of my being testified to me that these men were the bringers of the big change in my life."

"There was never a moment in my life that i felt so lonely.  My family was falling apart.  My friends had forgotten me.  When i sought relief from God, I found none.  One winter's night, I knelled in prayer.  Amid the isolation and sadness, I pleaded to God for Him to reveal Himself to me.  I needed comforting and healing, and I needed it now more than ever.  My prayers soon exhausted my strength and I retired to bed.  The next morning I awoke to the same day as any other.  I made breakfast and passed the time as best I could.  Eventually I turned on the TV and it entertained me for a while... until I heard a knock on my door.  I answered the door ans was greeted, in Swathi, by two young men.  As we eventually became settled in my living room, they identified themselves as men of god, and said they had a message to share with me.  They said this message would help strengthen my family, and would bless me with peace and happiness.  I couldn't hold back my tears; God had answered my prayers."

"While attending a religious expo, I sat in on a sermon.  While listening to the preacher, he mentioned fasting.  I have always been a follower of God, but I've never given much thought to fasting.  I've heard many others tell me that blessings from God are given while fasting, yet I've never attempted it before.  I decided to give it a try the following week.  I began the fast in prayer, asking God to reveal His plan for me.  In the days that followed, I was assisting my crippled father in gardening.  We heard a knock at our gate, and we beheld two men in shirts and ties, asking us if they could assist us.  While they were laboring with us, they identified themselves as men of God.  I asked if they could answer some of my questions, to which they agreed.  As I began to meet with these missionaries, I found answers to my questions.  I began to know what God's plan was for me.  My prayers had been answered through these men of God."

These are the stories of the people we've found whilst knocking on doors in KaNyamazane.  I am overjoyed in the fact that we were lead to them, and that they have found the answers to their prayers.

I know there are people in every walk of life who are pleading with their God in Heaven to answer their prayers.  They need comfort.  They need guidance.  They need change.  They need angelic assistance that will deliver them from the chains of despair that hold them tight.  Yet they feel that they aren't being heard by their Father in Heaven.  The problem lies not in the ignorance of God, but in our ignorance to the counselings of our prophets to answer the call; to find the lost sheep in the rugged terrains of life.  The message of the gospel will strengthen, assist, and lift them.  This is not a matter of harvesting; it's a matter of saving lives.  Shall we delay the call any longer to labor in the Lord's vineyard?  Will we procrastinate any longer our duty?

We are the angels that God will send to answer the prayers of his distressed children.  Pray for the opportunities to be placed in your path.  Seek for the Holy Spirit to guide you to where these souls are found.  God will answer your prayers and you will be led to the people that are prepared to hear the glad tidings of the gospel.  You can make a difference in the lives of many.

"And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one should unto me, how great shall be your joy with them in the kingdom of my Father!  And now, if your joy will be great with one sould that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me! (Doctrine and Covenants 18:15-16)"

Elder Benson

No comments:

Post a Comment