Elder Benson - South Africa Jo-Berg Mission

Elder Benson - South Africa Jo-Berg Mission

Monday, April 18, 2016

Rabie Ridge Curveball

The Rabie Ridge District has been hit by another 90 degree curveball: everyone except me has been transferred!  I don't know what to think of the whole district being white-washed except that the Lord must have big plans for this area.

It's hard to see a brother go off to another area, especially when it's only been 6 weeks together.  Elder Carr has helped me in so many ways, and I can only express my gratitude to the Lord for having him as my companion, brother, and friend this transfer.

We have two people on date for next week!  Here's a little about them both:

Zozo is one of my favorite Xhosa's that I know!  She's 19 years old and come from a large family of 9 that lives in a little shack no bigger than 20 ft. by 20 ft.  She barely speaks any english, but what she says is either super funny or incredibly spiritual.

David is a flippin' totsi, but the best kind of totsi.  He's 19 and lives with his friend in Ivory Park, a township we serve in.  He loves basketball, and he's (almost) as good as I am!  I'm kidding though, he's black so that automatically makes him better than me in basketball.  His desire to change his life is a huge example to me.  He's completely stopped drinking and smoking, and he's committed to living the Law of Chastity.

Both of these people are a huge example to me and everything that they do lifts me up and inspires me to be a more consecrated missionary.

-Elder Benson

No comments:

Post a Comment